Sunday, July 18, 2010

So Many Happenings!

On Thursday my sisters threw me a fantastic bridal shower. Dan and Jill Huang were gracious enough to host it at their home, and Dan offered to do all the food. Which all turned out fantastic. The majority of people that showed up were women from the 5th ward but there were also family friends, and women from my future ward. My good friend Rachael even was able to get the night off of work and came up from Chico. The turn out was much more than what I had expected. How blessed Matt and I are to have so many great friends who love and support us. We received to many nice things, which helps a lot because we both have nothing. After the shower we took everything over to Matt's to unload and we ended up putting everything away. It's so much fun putting the house together. I'm jealous of Matt though because he gets to be there with all the new fun things, but only 18 more days!!! AHHH! So excited.
Friday started off getting things ready for camping. Next week it is my family's annual camping trip to Crescent City, and with all the family going there is much to get done. This year Matt and Dax are coming and I am so excited to share this part of my family with them. I can't wait to see Daxton's face when he sees the redwoods, an elk, a crab, or just sleeping in a tent. Matt has never seen the redwoods either. It's going to be so much fun.
Last night Matt and I drove down to Sac to pick up Dax. He was so excited to see us, and the first thing he said was "we get to go camping now?" I felt so bad telling him we had to wait a few more days. He was ok with it because we told him we're going to Papa's to pack for camping and all the cousins will be there. We got to my house around 10:30 and everyone was just finishing packing the trailer. Rachel and Bill drove in Friday but stayed at Bill's mom's so it was fun to see them and the kids. Livi's last chemo pill is Thursday, so it was fun to see her excitement about almost being finished.
Since working night shift my sleep is all screwed up. The night before last I got one hour, so last night I was excited to get some more. But with a house full of family that didn't happen. Daxton first wanted to sleep with Aaron, then with Matt, then back with Aaron, then my bed, back with Aaron, and finally ended up in my bed with Livi so I got the couch. I slept well until 6 this morning when my dad woke up to finish packing. Adam, my dad, Sue, Garrett's family and the Ellisons all drove up today so they were up bright and early. It's a 5 hour drive to the campground and with the excitement of going no one ever really wants to delay the trip. Well maybe the parents I guess. So as I sit at work right now, I am totally jealous of those of my family sleeping outside under the redwoods but as soon as 6:30 am comes around I am headed to Matt's and we are off!!! 55 degree weather here we come...110 degree goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment