Saturday, July 24, 2010

Too short!

Camping was a blast, and we officially have hooked 2 more people into our annual family camping trip. It was so much fun to see Dax and Matt get excited about things that I have seen my entire life. It helped me to realize how thankful I am for such an amazing family and all of our traditions. It was so much fun to be able to share this with my future family, and Matt even said we need to stay longer next time. Matt, Dax and I came back a day earlier than the rest of the fam because I had to work. Time just goes by way too fast when we're camping. I was very sad on the drive home thinking we have to wait a year to be able to do this again. I'm trying to talk Matt into going camping one more time before the weather turns cold. Things we did while camping included bike rides, climbing trees, going on hikes, playing in the creek bed, crabbing, building sand castles, roasting marshmallows, celebrating Livi's end of chemo, staying up late and playing card games, playing in tide pools, and enjoying being together as an entire family with no "real world" distractions. There was only very little talk of the wedding, which was very nice for Matt and I. We are trying to not count down the days, but it's so hard not to do. We have a lot of little things left to do, but our main goal is to just stay busy the next coming week. We know it will come and us wishing it to be here faster will only be torture. But it is only 12 more days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment